Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - *Prompter Thread* (NO personal attacks, NO trolling)
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 07:32 PM   #17630
ShotgunDMB

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ** The Trump Thread SAFE SPACE ** (NO Personal Attacks; NO Trolling)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTBaboon View Post
"For as long as I can remember" (AKA less than 2 decades, and 1 previous presidency)

Without getting into the cluster fuck that was W., his own party ate him alive by the end of it. They claimed he wasn't a real Republican, he was a "RINO". I think he simply wasn't well liked as a POTUS, not some apocalyptic fear from the left

I'm 32 years old...I can remember more than 1 Republican presidency...

Eh, don't want to get into a long argument over Bush 43, in my opinion he made the best of some very shitty hands he was dealt. For the most part, he made practical decisions, even some I'm ideologically against such as the bank bailouts.

W was only unpopular into his second term. Had some historically high approval ratings at one point. Won a second term somewhat comfortably. Republicans held all 3 branches of govt under him at one point. Now, if you want to hold the financial crisis against him, thats fine, but it's a bit silly if you know the facts of the situation.

Conservatism isn't dead by any stretch. If fact it's probably more powerful than it's ever been, at least at the state level. Trump isn't a conservative by any stretch, but there's a lot of overlap between populism and conservatism on certain issues.
ShotgunDMB is offline   Reply With Quote