Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - The Gorge Q&A and FAQs
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2017, 06:21 PM   #913
mHeiser92

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenzzjetII View Post
Your other option is to rent a gear package, but you'll need to reserve it as soon as dates are announced. The feedback on the rental company was really good. The website is in the FAQ.

The drive out would be pretty fun, but the drive home would be BRUTAL. I only have a 13 hour drive home and I usually split it into two days because I'm so exhausted/experiencing PGD. However, if you have time to stop along the way coming and going you could hit some gorgeous country. Moab is a fave of mine. Glacier Natl Park. C'oeur D'Alene in ID.
The drive home would be incredibly brutal I can imagine. That is the biggest factor going against me and wanting to make the drive. But you are right, there's so much to see on the way.

I'm being nit picky but renting gear seems like a waste of money to me. Granted, I have no idea what a typical set up would run for the weekend. It may make more sense than the extra money I would spend myself for baggage fees packing my own. I can imagine the rentals go instantly once dates are announced.