Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Problems with the DualDisc? Post here (MusicTodayC)
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2005, 08:20 PM   #109
ThePradigm

Shows Seen: 1

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Problems with the DualDisc? Post here (MusicTodayC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu666z
Anybody asked Musictoday about the 24bit lie?

-Kevin
Me:
I just wanted to comment that I am very disappointed in the new Stand Up
Dual Disc release not being 24bit audio as was advertised. This was the
reason I purchased the Dual Disc option.

MusicToday:
Hello,

The enhanced sound is available on the DVD side of the DualDisc.

If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

Trae
Customer Service
www.musictoday.com
Toll Free (US): 877-MUSIC-77 (877-687-4277)
International: 001-434-244-7300

Me:
As quoted on your website:
"*Stand Up* is DMB’s 6th studio release on RCA Records. The *Stand Up *dual-disc is a DVD which includes a short feature of the making of *Stand Up *plus the album in 24-bit stereo; the audio side contains the full-length album.

*dual discs contain a DVD, which includes a short feature of the making of the album plus the album in 24-bit stereo; the Audio side contains the full-length album. To learn more about dual discs, please click here."

I am fully aware of what a Dual Disc is and where the *enhanced* audio is contained. I have been a fan of *24 bit* music for over three years now and am very familiar with the SACD and DVD-A formats that contain *24 bit* audio. The Dual Disc DVD side of Stand Up does not contain *24 bit* audio as advertised in the quote from your website ( Stand Up Link ). The *enhanced *audio of on the DVD side of the disc is not *24 bit* as advertised, thus my disappointment.

MusicToday:
Hello,

Thank you for choosing Musictoday. Please feel free to return the CD for a refund.

If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

Trae
Customer Service
www.musictoday.com
Toll Free (US): 877-MUSIC-77 (877-687-4277)
International: 001-434-244-7300