Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Attention Steve Lillywhite
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 07:59 PM   #136
coldengrey12
Listen to St. Vincent

Shows Seen: 70

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Attention Steve Lillywhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman21 View Post
Pretty sure that is the main argument against DMB (or lots of bands for that matter).

But if you mean to tell me you think The Cave sounds like After the Storm or Awake My Soul...well...I don't know what to tell you. But M&S are real and they are fantastic.
I think they all do the same thing. Quiet start, build to a big explosion of sound and then simmer down. I understand a lot of songs use that formula, but all Mumford's songs seem to do it in the same way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingchrisII View Post
Anyone that says Mumford and Sons songs all sound the same have not honestly given the album a listen. In fact I dont think they have even given the radio songs a listen, or else they wouldnt have that opinion.
I listened to it five or six times before arriving at this conclusion. And seen them live twice. And it only reaffirmed my opinion that they have one song. (OK. Two. After the Storm doesn't sound like the rest.)

I'm not saying that they're bad or unlistenable. I just don't think they're anything special.
coldengrey12 is online now   Reply With Quote