Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Stephen King: A Constant Reader's Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 01:31 PM   #14
dobyblue

Shows Seen: 63

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Stephen King: A Constant Reader's Thread

First King book I read was Salem's Lot in the mid-80's and it along with Pet Semetary I think are King's scariest books.

There's not much of his I haven't read. I left The Dark Tower in 1993 about half way through The Wastelands. I can't remember why I stopped, but I think I was having trouble with the idea that it didn't end anywhere.

I started my quest for the tower again about 2 years ago right back from the start with The Gunslinger. I just started the final book about three weeks ago and it has been an amazing ride so far. I took time in between certain books to read Insomnia and Black House. I love The Talisman so much and it was great to continue along with Jack Sawyer's travels...but it also made sense to read those books in between The Dark Tower.

I have no idea how The Dark Tower will end, but I guess I'll find out in about 950 pages.

I love King, he's easily my favourite author. I have been a Constant Reader since about 1985.

One book I've never read is It...I think I may check that out after The Dark Tower, then I'd like to read Under The Dome.

I found Tommyknockers to be the hardest read of Kings in terms of the length of narrative, but I'd still highly recommend it along with everything else I've read.

I thought Desperation was miles better than The Regulators.