Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - If you were an Obama VOTER/SUPPORTER, has he lived up to your expectations?
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2009, 09:24 PM   #22
TwoStep2888

Shows Seen: 7

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Re: If you were an Obama VOTER/SUPPORTER, has he lived up to your expectations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swizz2007 View Post
Okay clemson, I will tell you what he has tackled. I've done this multiple fucking times, and if you actually pay attention to the news it shouldn't be that hard to figure out on your own. But I'll help you out, holmes

-Ending torture
-Closing Gitmo
-Lifting restrictions on stem cell research
-Increasing presence in Afghanistan
-Ending the Iraq War
-Passing the stimulus bill
-Making progress on energy independence
-Health care reform

Most of those are pretty fucking big things, and like I said in my prior post, many of those things are works in progress. So a lot will depend if these things actually happen and are successful. But if they are, then I am absolutely NOT disappointed, and think he is off to a fantastic start.
I know you're just listing stuff he promised and has followed through on, but I feel compelled to go through this list and complain, so pardon me a moment.

-Ending torture: this will never actually happen; we will always be torturous barbarians, no matter how many dumb orders he signs, sorry. :shrug
-Closing Gitmo: I was doubtful, but it looks as though this may actually happen. +1 to Obama. :o
-Lifting restrictions on stem cell research: A Very Good Thing
-Increasing presence in Afghanistan: goddammit Obama you dumb motherfucker
-Ending the Iraq War: this is pretty much cancelled out by the above point
-Passing the stimulus bill: he passed it, it did some good, but was an ineffective clusterfuck overall.
-Making progress on energy independence: Another Good Thing
-Health care reform: I believe I've gone over how hard I pray to the existentialist void for this to fail spectacularly more than enough times in multiple threads in this forum, so I'm just gonna leave it alone.