Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - *OFFICIAL Home Brewing Thread*
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 08:05 AM   #19
mposey34
Learn To Swim

Shows Seen: 30

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Re: *OFFICIAL Home Brewing Thread*

was just about to start this thread and decided to do a search first... good thing. Any talk of homebrew is lost in the huge beer brag thread

I've finally decided to make the switch over to all-grain brewing after 2 years and about a dozen batches of extract beers. I finished my mash tun build over the weekend, and glad to say it didn't cost nearly as much as buying one already put together, and was very easy to do.

Also finally found a fridge to convert to a kegerator. I've had the equipment for a 2-tap system since Christmas (Santa loves home brew) and have been searching for a cheap garage fridge off and on since. Picked one up Friday and had it ready to be filled on Sunday. I have a Rye IPA in the fermenter now that I will dry hop this weekend and then again mid week next week, then cold crash and keg the following weekend.

First all grain batch will be a simple single hop pale ale to see how my system will work out.