Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Marvel Cinematic Universe Fandom (MCUc)
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2017, 05:04 PM   #1051
BTBaboon

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe Fandom (MCUc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior94 View Post
I don't necessarily claim that Iron Man 3 is a great or even very good film, but holy crap I just about can't imagine a rational argument suggesting it's worse than Iron Man 2. I mean almost everyone at Marvel who was involved even acknowledges long ago now that IM2 was quite flawed, for multiple reasons. It was too haphazardly slapped together.

I'm not sure if I was a comics reader that I would've been upset with the Mandarin twist or not, although it seems clear to me they simply couldn't have done a straightforward adaptation of the original character, it was such a stereotype. It was definitely gutsy, I can say that. And it is interesting with the "All Hail The King" short in the mix that there is officially a REAL Mandarin person still out there in the MCU.
Yeah, in no way was IM3 worse. As far as comic fans being upset, I'm more upset that Mickey Rooney played the Crimson Dynamo as Whiplash. The mixing of two villains was so dumb
BTBaboon is offline   Reply With Quote