Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - **Official Drive-By Truckers Thread**
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 10:02 AM   #107
AlexK79
Let There Be Rock

Shows Seen: 92

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Re: **Official Drive-By Truckers Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman414 View Post
Finally got around to watching Secret to a Happy ending and WOW is all I have to say. They did an excellent job with this documentary. The whole thing was done very well, with lots of good little tidbits about the Truckers. I have to say Space City jumped into my top ten favorite songs and cracked my top five favorite Cooley songs probably after watching this.

If it wasn't for DMB becoming my favorite band at a very impressionable age DBT would by far be my favorite band.
DBT is definitely my favorite working band right now. I still love DMB and there's no one I like to see live better, but the consistency of DBT's records just astounds me. I wish I hadn't discovered them so late in the game so I could have caught some live shows around the SRO-Decoration Day-Dirty South era.

Anyone know where I can find some good quality DBT live shows? I have the Live From Austin, TX CD/DVD but IMO being a TV taping it doesn't really capture the intensity of a 'real' Truckers show. I'd freak if I could find N1 from the Vic last night somewhere...one of the best shows I've seen by anyone, ever. And I've seen a ton.

DMB 2023: Nashville, Milwaukee, Deer Creek x2, Chicago x2
AlexK79 is offline   Reply With Quote