Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - John Mayer
Thread: John Mayer
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 03:08 PM   #45
dmbnut21

Shows Seen: 79

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Re: John Mayer

The first two listens through the album I was like WTF did you do John Mayer! No!

But, I listened a couple of more times and honestly, I really enjoy the album now. He always tries to do something different and I think he did again this time. So, I give props for him doing something different again but, I don't think it was the best place he has been (continuum takes that spot for now).

As for Assassin, I can't believe it is getting love... that is the one song I skip every time still. I think it is dumb because I just sit there thinking no John, you are not an assassin, you are song writer... dumbass. Oh, and I feel like it was written late for the Mr. & Mrs Smith movie or something which kinda makes me laugh cause of Jennifer Aniston and Brad/Angelina's BS.

I do like Edge of Desire though. I also think Taylor Swift was a good choice for that song. Not only is she hot but she has a great voice and worked really well on that song.
dmbnut21 is offline   Reply With Quote