Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Xbone has actual games. Ps4 just kinda wobbles
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 11:01 PM   #52
Speilmen230
Case of the Roo Blues

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Possible new Microsoft console in 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by water_into_wine View Post
You're switching from a discussion about gaming to one about viewing the system as a hub in general. If we are talking about it as a media-device these systems obviously have enormous potential (which I think they also have in gaming).

Also I honestly don't know whether you are arguing for or against the further development potential of these systems. You're jumping around. I obviously believe that they do have lots of potential...
I'm not jumping around at all. I'm saying that for the last 20 years every system has gotten better spec wise, but it has also debuted something new for the casual fans.

PS3 and 360 were the first systems to go towards the notion that systems can become entertainment hubs. And now that gaming is starting to reach it's peak as far as adding new aspects to gaming, i think you will see a push towards making them all in one hubs.

The graphics will always improve and there will always be new interesting games that will push the boundaries of the system of which they are available for.

IMO 3D will become the next avenue for what feature they add to a gaming experience.

After that i don't see where else they can go with new bells as whistles to add to the gaming experience.

As far as the consoles go, they still have not tapped the full potential of the entertainment 'hub' aspect. In reality, your Gaming Console could essentially turn into your Cable Box & Computer. I can see them starting to push that aspect in addition to the new features.

I am totally for the progression of gaming, but as far as new features and tweaks to the gaming experience i really don't see where else they can go with it, therefore it will force them to add other bells and whistles to the console.

Just like everything else, it has to grow and change to stay current and marketable. It cannot stay stagnant or it will start to loose mainstream popularity. You will always have your hardcore gamers who only look for the meat and potatoes, is the gameplay improved, are the graphics better, & how are the online servers? But the casual fan wants to get more out of their system, especially for close to a grand. And that is where the new features come into play.
It's not called the Great Depression because it was an awesome fucking time.

Last edited by Speilmen230; 11-16-2011 at 11:05 PM.
Speilmen230 is offline   Reply With Quote