Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Roger’s Excel Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 09:03 PM   #116
rconverse

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Excel Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveshookme View Post
Hey Rog (or anybody else). I know this one's easy with conditional formatting, is there an easier way to do it? What would the formula look like for the conditional formatting?

So, I've got a huge workbook for my finances. Tracks all my money in & all my money out. I've written it all from scratch, and it's been a huge work in progress. Just a little side project I'm working on.

One of the sheets is all 12 months at a glance, and hidden below that is (along with some other random info) all of my projected expenditures and income for that month.

What I want is if that line has already been paid (I have another sheet with all of my transactions) or the paycheck has been deposited, format the font to include a strikethrough so I can see visually what's been paid without having to look it up.

If you'd rather I send you the .xlsx I can do that too, there's a lot going on behind the scenes (the values are all pulled from other sheets, for instance, as well as the due dates...) and once you see that it may make it easier?

If you want screenshots pm me.
The formula would look the same in conditional formatting as if you had the formula in the cell of your spreadsheet.

If you have multiple worksheets within your workbook, then it might be easiest to just send me the file. I'm happy to help any other way but, if you just want this done, sending me the workbook is the easiest for me and would be the fastest for you.

rconversejr@yahoo.com
rconverse is offline   Reply With Quote