Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - The Batman - Solo Batfleck Film (Release: 25 June 2021)
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2017, 05:46 AM   #147
M. Steng
Empowered & Informed.

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Re: The Batman - Solo Batfleck Film (Release: TBA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldonlevene View Post
They really are.

The more BvS settles the better it gets. I realize I'm a DC homer. But man it's a good movie. It's very different than the Avengers or Civil War (which isn't to cast dispersions on those films), but I just don't think people knew what they were getting going in...and were disappointed by the grave nature of the film and it's conflict.

I really can't pick on much of MoS or BvS other than the casting/acting of Eisenberg as Lex...that was a miss...at least in his first appearance.
Here, here. Agreed on all accounts.

The only thing I'll add is that the marketing/advertising for this movie was absolute shit. That definitely put them behind the eight ball, especially the second trailer which spoiled Doomsday. They also should have kept Wonder Woman a total secret. They blew their wad in the marketing so those big moments had no real impact in the theater because you knew they were coming.

Other than that, the movie itself is amazing, especially the "Ultimate" version which WB should have just sacked up and released. It makes it a much, much better movie.