Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Marvel Cinematic Universe Fandom (MCUc)
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2015, 11:20 AM   #143
junior94
not a unique snowflake

Shows Seen: 2

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe Fandom (MCUc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOWJO8185 View Post
I did see one write-up that basically said that if it's not Garfield, there won't be as much significance to him unmasking himself in Cap 3. Which is a fair point. The significance of him unmasking himself is kind of tied to what we know of Peter Parker personally, and if Spider Man is essentially re-introduced in Cap 3, there's not going to be a lot of depth to him yet, I wouldn't think. No past history to build off. I mean, we all know Spider Man's backstory, so we will know what a significant gesture it is I guess, but it probably does lose a little if he takes his mask off and it's just some dude we haven't seen play the role before.
but again, Feige already clearly stated awhile back that the crux of the "civil war" within their Cap 3 movie won't be about superheroes keeping their identity secret, as it was originally in the comic. Hell look at the way things already are in the MCU, that's not really an element at all, all those characters are pretty much exposed to the public. That the story's struggle will be more about agreeing to toeing the government line, taking orders from higher ups, etc, so the "unmasking of Spidey" I don't think would come into it too much.

"Ohh, why do my actions have consequences?!?!" - Homer J. Simpson
junior94 is offline   Reply With Quote