Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Dave should take notes from Garth Brooks
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 04:46 PM   #18
Chalmers4three

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Dave should take notes from Garth Brooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by uticans View Post
I don't consider myself a country fan, never really listened to Garth Brooks before except for when my wife plays his music. She wanted to go to his concert, so I got tickets.

A. Blown away by the guys performance
B. So much energy, songs were enhanced 100%
C. He started walking around reading signs from the crowd and played whatever he saw. Rare songs, whatever people wanted.

Fans went ballistic. He connected with everyone and made them feel like they got what they paid for or paid for what they got...

I thought Dave would never do this, but if he did, it would set the fans into a frenzy... And why not do it, why not? Is he just sticking to character for no other reason, but to say he isn't going to change?
i love garth!! been a garth fan since forever but i don't think Dave could do it.....just don't think he is the same type of entertainer. also remember that the request thing garth does is fairly new and very staged....and he doesn't do it every show. what he does do every show is play the same songs, which even for a garth fan get old hearing live every single time. hell he even plays them in pretty much the same order, with the same gimmicks. garth is a brand and like others have said he is truly an entertainer. i do love me some garth but seeing multiple times live......i'd take DMB any day of the week.
Chalmers4three is offline   Reply With Quote