Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Proof Of The New Theory: Unreleased Songs IS The Album
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 09:34 AM   #14
Jud78

Shows Seen: 71

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Proof Of The New Theory: Unreleased Songs IS The Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeatFreakGeek View Post
at this point in their careers, i don't see DMB bringing in Lillywhite just to produce a bunch of old songs (yes, I know that's what the first two albums were). There's enough other producer-types in DMB's orbit who can produce songs that have been tried and tested.

i still want to know what happened to the studio Sugar Will that was recorded in Vegas, shown on the Big Whisky documentary.

I agree, I don't see Lillywhite coming back after a much publicized end to tLWS and then an even more publicized leak of the work that they had done, to simply record old tunes that the band has played for years.

On the other hand, Dave did mention in an interview (i believe in Italy?) that Coran Capshaw comes to him from time to time and says "hey what about these songs" in reference to songs they had worked on (and in some cases played live) but never made it to an album.

So i think the possibility remains that you could see an old tune or 2...but more than likely, after a year off, the band is more focused on new music, and for the first time with a truely new lineup (i.e. Jeff there to actually help write vs. fill in some parts to finish off BW).
Jud78 is offline   Reply With Quote