Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Live Trax Volume 41 D&T 3/13/99
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2017, 08:23 AM   #107
dancheatham

Shows Seen: 72

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Live Trax Volume 41 D&T 3/13/99

I just thought of another: They played #34 for Dave's wife's 34th birthday on 10.2.07.

But that's all beside the point anyway, as neither Dave nor anyone else in the band chooses which shows are released. They probably have no clue which number the Live Trax series is on, probably have no idea whether Show X was released as a Live Trax or a DMBlive, and probably have no idea that they haven't actually released a show in stores for years now. They certainly aren't thinking about whether a specific song is on a specific number release in a series.

It's true that the odds of a '99 D&T show having #41 are pretty high, and it is mathematically surprising that it's not on this one; however, what would be the reason for purposely selecting a show without it? What conversation would have to take place to arrive at that decision? At least with the old "Butch rule" rumor there was a plausible justification. I don't see any reason to pick this show outside of the fact that it consistently makes people's lists of best-ever D&T shows.