Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Live Trax Volume 41 D&T 3/13/99
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2017, 09:32 AM   #31
SeekUpTheCubs
DMBallwasher

Shows Seen: 89

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Live Trax Volume 41 D&T 3/13/99

Just speculating a few things here regarding this release. None of this is something I actually KNOW

1. A large portion of these sales may come from fans that don't regularly DL tapes. I don't even have this specific tape (have others from the tour). I can see the argument that only hard core fans buy the livetrax series, but this must make financial sense for them.
2. Dave and Tim is a big draw for certain fans. I have quite a few friends who buy every Dave and Tim release who don't buy any other LIve Trax and certainly don't download tapes.
3. Obviously with the upcoming Dave and Tim tour there will be more hype for this amongst a lot of people eager to hear a Dave and Tim live sound before their show(s)
4. The DMBLIve series is completely separate from Live Trax. They don't care all that much about cross-over. Just look at the 95 shows. So many released are incredibly similar to DMBLive releases.

This is a solid release. You don't have to buy it if you think the tape is enough for you. I want a mixed released version of it so they already have my money. Just my two cents. NOt even sure why I felt the need to post this