Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - What traumatic events have shaped you as a person?
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2016, 08:54 PM   #5
justink

Shows Seen: 51

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Re: What traumatic events have shaped you as a person?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neumdogg View Post
So, I have been doing a lot of life reflection. I have a daughter who is a year old and because of her, I have been really trying to look back at what shaped me as a person.

There have been many things that have deeply effected my life, but there is one that really hit me in a negative way. When I was about 6 or 7 or 8 (maybe all 3 years), I was sexually molested by my female housekeeper. There were a few instances I can vividly remember, but I don't need to go into detail.

Recently, it happened again. I was getting my eyebrows waxed (yes...laugh it up). A male waxer touched me inappropriately and rubbed himself up against me inappropriately. I just froze. I could do nothing. It took everything I had in me to run out of there.

I guess because of this incident, I really have been thinking a lot about life and the shit that happened to me. Although it was such a negative experience, I have learned a lot about myself and how I want to raise my children.

Honestly, I don't know why I am telling you guys this. I guess I feel like it's therapeutic for me to do this. I recently told my parents this and it was very life-changing.

Anyway, just thought I'd share. Maybe it will inspire you to share some stories as well

no facetiousness... that's brave of you man. i'm proud of you. getting shit out IS therapeutic.
justink is offline   Reply With Quote