Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - ***Official Ants Photography Thread***
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2017, 05:06 PM   #3926
diableri
Stay Limber

Shows Seen: 4

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Official Ants Photography Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee3691 View Post
I am looking to purchase my wife a digital camera, and would love suggestions. She loves photography, but has never taken any formal classes. Looking for one that is less than $400, not too bulky, etc.

Anyone have any tips of things I should be looking for or cameras I should look at?
Used Canon Rebels (T5i or up) and a 40 or 24 2.8. A smaller alternate body is the SL1. Canon lenses are super cheap used and plentiful. There are several great inexpensive options for zooms as well.

I'm sure Nikon has similar options, I just don't know those models off the top of my head and from what I've seen, Canon is easier and cheaper to get lenses for.

Spend money on the lenses, not the body. If you want a new DSLR, that's a bit low on the budget. Paying for a community college intro to photography is also a great thing to include.
diableri is offline   Reply With Quote