Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Ants Podcast 84: DMB Live 25 (28?) - Episode Discussion
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 04:36 AM   #47
BTBaboon

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Ants Podcast 84: DMB Live 25 (28?) - Episode Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastPig View Post
You said they contacted you in late 13 or early 14, did you not?

Means they were at least thinking about it then. I'm sure it was probably on the back burner for awhile but still lends to the fact that they can't get something like this out without a substantial amount of planning.

If you want to elaborate on the process I'd be interested to hear.
Honestly, most well done vinyl releases take substantial time. VMP recently remastered and pressed, for the first time ever, Fiona Apple's Tidal. It was a nearly 3 year process in all, and it was a great release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastPig View Post
Why did they wait until 7 months into the bands 26th year to release this? Wouldn't it have been more appropriate to sell around Christmas?
Pressing delays are not really uncommon. I have a few things on pre-order that were slated for early 2017 releases and still have not shipped. There's not enough presses for the influx of demand; plus you have RSD twice a year which seems to get priority over other releases.

Or, they figured it would be a good time for a release with the "off-year" and the D&T tour done

We are America, second to none, and we own the finish line! Don't forget it!
BTBaboon is offline   Reply With Quote