Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Mad Men
Thread: Mad Men
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 06:32 AM   #29
bmcnelis

Shows Seen: 36

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Mad Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crush Me DMB View Post
Great episode tonight. Thoughts? I like the direction of the new season....
Possible spoilers (though I tried to keep it pretty vague):

I wasn't really blown away by this episode. I liked a lot of it, but the fire alarm scene was not well done - way too convenient/contrived, especially since that was 2 seasons in the making. But at the same time it's good that that is out of the way now, because this show really isn't about people finding things out, it's more about how their motivations and reactions to events - in my opinion. I liked Don's less-than-subtle way to tell Sal both to be more discreet and that Don was not likely to say anything to anyone.

Also, I'm not sure how I felt about the play-like first scene and how Don was daydreaming events he did not experience.

I did like how easily Don was able to create a scene for Betty and later inhabit a different persona for the stewardess, but could not recall the circumstances of his daughters birth.
Let me ask you one question - Is your money that good? Will it buy you forgiveness? Do you think that it could? I think you will find, when your death takes its toll, all the money you made will never buy back your soul.
bmcnelis is offline   Reply With Quote