Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Better version of WWYS?
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 08:32 PM   #30
FeelingGood
Much better now....

Shows Seen: 36

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Better version of WWYS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzieisdaman View Post
I haven't heard what I consider an "old school" version of "What Would You Say?" until I recently purchased the DMBLive release of 3-26-1994, and it was awesome. It features a sweet little breakdown section where each member alternates getting a little solo, a la "Recently." Also instead of a normal 'Roi solo during the funky breakdown there is some Dave improv scatting, and a completely different outro/sax solo section.

Great stuff, but for those of you that have heard these older versions of WWYS, do you prefer that arrangement or the more classic arrangement that appears on all the Live Trax and Live in Chicago etc. etc.
Definitely old school, then any Popper version. There's a very nice SBD on DMB Stream from the Athens GA show on 4-6-1994 - I fast-forward to the funky breakdown every time I listen to it