Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - A Game of Thrones (HBO Series)
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 02:34 PM   #60
42graystreet
Go Big Red!

Shows Seen: 88

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Re: A Game of Thrones (HBO Series)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzz41 View Post
I just downloaded the third book for my Kindle... I can't stop!

Those of you watching the series first, there's nothing wrong with that IMO. So many characters are introduced that it's hard to keep them all straight sometimes, so when the series began after I was almost through with the first book, it was nice to put some faces to characters, also satisfying to see many of them looking much like I imagined they would.

However, don't let seeing the series hold you back from the books! As is often the case, you get so much more detail and insight from reading than you do from the screen and I would highly recommend them. This is coming from a guy whose experience with fantasy novels goes only as far as Lord of the Rings.

All in all, I think the adaptation to screen has been very well done. I'm interested in seeing how they handle things as the storyline develops.
Seeing things like the bolded, is making my anticipation for this series go through the stratosphere. It's killing me not getting the books and diving into the whole series, but I'm gonna resist and just watch first.