Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Attention Steve Lillywhite
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 07:52 PM   #147
Peppermill

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Attention Steve Lillywhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by groogrux27 View Post
^well so if u think its garbage y dont u just tell us all so we can laugh at it as well
Oh, where do I start. Dave left the band over creative differences for awhile, but came back to record the album with monkey man being the cornerstone of the album. 2. The album consists of mainly all previous material reworked including a long version of loving wings which they used parts augmented from leroi's sax. 3. Mostly all new material except crazy easy and shotgun making appearances, boyd singing on two of the tracks and Stephan using an upright bass. 3. All new songs written by Dave and Stephan but album not coming out until next year because they want to road test the material and have time to create the "right lyrics" 4. There is no new album only studio work done with no deadline or expectation of a release anytime soon, but Blue water and #40 were revisited in the session. 5. Album has been completed for awhile now with only a few lyrics to lay down which dave has spent too much time going over causing a delay in any kind of update (music is pretty much completed but lyrics need re-working) 6. and the list can go on. I've heard alot of stuff, not too much different from we've all heard on here before. We won't really know until there is some official release.....
I've known rivers ancient as the world and older than the flow of human blood in human veins. My soul has grown deep like the rivers. I bathed in the Euphrates when dawns were young. I built my hut near the Congo and it lulled me to sleep. I looked upon the Nile and raised the pyramids above it. I heard the singing of the Mississippi when Abe Lincoln went down to New Orleans, and I've seen its muddy bosom turn all golden in the sunset. I've known rivers...
Ancient, dusky rivers. My soul has grown deep like the rivers.---Langston Hughes
Peppermill is offline   Reply With Quote