Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - New, Rather Bold Rumor
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 10:42 PM   #1
MDrums54
Local Band Does O.K.

Shows Seen: 8

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

New, Rather Bold Rumor

I found this on nancies.org and have copied the post.
Take it as you will:
------------------------------------------------------------
Passing along rumors labeled as coming from "trustworthy source" leak.

Sounds like band is going to have close to a finished product by the time they open the tour. Danny Barnes and Tim "confirmed" to be on tracks:
7 new songs
As far as the new songs, Dave uses the baritone electric on a couple, the mini-guitar on a couple, at least one is "mellow", and Tim's on at least one.

5 road tested:
Cornbread*+
Idea of You
#27*
Dream So Real
Shotgun

Some other old songs reportedly slated for B-side or Bonus tracks: Full Band Eh Hee, Loving Wings, SUAD

*including Tim
+including Barnes
-----------------------------------------------------------------

I believe this only because it seems so obvious. Cornbread was played basically every single night, Idea of You and Shotgun are the only songs from the 2006 sessions that are still in (some-what constant)rotation, the band apparently loves ADSR, and #27 is a very good song, and Dave knows it.

Moreover, members of the band have been quoted discussing SUAD's return in the studio. Loving Wings would be a nice treat, and hopefully the rest of the band put their own influences on Eh Hee, rather than the full Dave version.

And as for the seven new songs, I am very pleased. I'd rather have more brand new material than a bunch of already played songs. The "B-Side," however, is a very nice treat.

Discuss.

#41/Sojourn of Arjuna Jam:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxdh6wNhpFo