Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - **The Official Vinyl Collectors Thread**
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2017, 06:34 AM   #15162
BTBaboon

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Re: **The Official Vinyl Collectors Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobyblue View Post
Yeah, it was a very hard decision to make but at the end of the day I really, really, really want a second subwoofer and I want one that's very similar to the one I have - in other words must have no difficulty plummetting down under 20Hz.

I've had my eye on the market for a few years now, so I'm being very patient, but the older model to mine rarely goes for under $600 and the model that matches mine goes for around $1000 (I just put in an offer of $900 for one). To buy a new Paradigm sub that has the same stats as mine now lists for almost $5000 so forget about that!

If I can snag between US$500-US$600 for my LT1 blue then I'll be only out of pocket for second sub by around CDN$200 which my spouse won't have my balls over. Actually having the second sub in the room and her reaction when she hears the heavenly sound of two 15" 1500W servo controlled subs hitting 16.4Hz (lowest pipe organ note) is going to be another hurdle but once it's in there, it's in there.

Honestly I don't think I kept the hype sticker, it just got in the way once it was opened.

Nice copy tho, was very surprised URP pulled this one off so nicely given they're my least favorite pressing house. Also surprised it already has a bid on it, just listed last night and started at US$475.
That'll be awesome to have that (assuming it doesn't land you in divorce court with the Mrs. ). I'm in the market for a blue LT 1, but I'm aiming for a sealed copy or at least one with a hype sticker to complete my set. I'm right around ~$500 as my willingness to pay

You'll definitely make your buck on that copy though. Wouldn't be surprised if you get a few more bids and land at $550ish. Good luck; show us some pics when you get that sub!
BTBaboon is offline   Reply With Quote