Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - cool idea for time bomb
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 09:24 PM   #1
eggsrsweet

Shows Seen: 47

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

cool idea for time bomb

in terms of the live time bomb, i've got a kick ass idea:

1. start off time bomb dave solo alternating the opening riff a little bit. this is how i play the opening riff -

e---------------------------------------
b---------------------------------------
g--14--12--10---9-------12--10---9---7
d--12--12--12--10-------12--12--10---7
a---------------------------------------
e---------------------------------------

-along with this riff, dave could have some lyrics opening it up. alternate the lyrics every night kind of like two step.

2. the song should stay dave solo up until the chorus when he first starts singing, "baby, when i get home...". after that chorus, it should go back to dave solo.

3. after dave sings (still dave solo), "...watching as we fly away..." (right before it breaks into the big rock ending), dave should sing "away" really lightly and have carter make a timebomb tick on the drums three times like 'tick.. tick.. tick.. tick.. BOOOM. they break into the big jam instead of the lame lead in they have now and on the album.

4. tim should do his solo as always and dave should repeatedly sing the "baby, when i get home..." chorus. but instead of it just ending when dave sings, "i wanna believe in jesus", they should have boyd just start going ape shit after dave sings this and have him going nuts on the song. then, jeff and rashawn should do some solos following this. carter'll be going nuts in the background to keep the energy of the song high.

5. to finish it off, they should all just be playing the shit out of their insturments for like a minute and then abruptly stop it and shut the lights off.

-if they did this, i think i would shit my pants. it would make it much more worthy of a closer if they did this. what do you guys think about this idea? its just an idea. i'm not saying i think this is gonna happen. thanks to chyeachyea552 about changing up a couple of the ideas.