Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Red Rocks 2012!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 11:53 AM   #94
mfietek
CODMB

Shows Seen: 42

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Red Rocks 2012!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyDv View Post
And let's not forget, the Mile High Music Festival (that I absolutely loved, by the way, even with some weak lineups) was basically a DMB Caravan without a Dave and Tim set and a ferris wheel. And it couldn't make enough of a profit to sustain with Tom Petty and Jack Johnson being on the bill in this market. So I think a Caravan type stop does not make sense. It needs to be DMB only at Dick's Sporting Goods Park for three days with camping outside... just like they did for Phish. People from the region would come (hence no NM, AZ NE, UT, KS dates, make a weekend of it and have a good, good time. Plus all us Colorado folks would get tickets. Which still drives my desire to NOT see them at Red Rocks. Yep, I'm selfish.
Couldn't agree more. The thought of fighting for Red Rocks tickets with all the out of towners would be more then I could take. Expect broker prices of >$300. Put me in fhe selfish category on this as well. Dicks is a great place to see a concert IMO. Phish was great. Better tailgating then RR. I'll get my RR fix with Dispatch (rumor) and a few others.
mfietek is offline   Reply With Quote