Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - *** Official Blossom D&T 2017 ***
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2017, 08:07 AM   #47
Strokjl

Shows Seen: 19

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Re: *** Official Blossom D&T 2017 ***

No have to weigh in on the sound discussion. Yes it's designed for the Cleveland orchestra and I get what the point is about "how sound works", but the fact on how sound works is exactly why sitting lawn in the middle up to about half way up is a much better sound than the edges of the pavilion. Not only is the sound on the edge of the pavilion not balanced as well because you are not centered on the speakers , but you also get an annoying background sound of what's happening outisde of the pavilion. As in the concessions and other people outside not part of the show.

At least middle lawn you get a balanced sound and are surrounded by people actually watching the show. The caveat being that lawn fans tend to be less well behaved.

Anyway, to really enjoy the sound quality of the pavilion. At a rock concert you need to be at least a half section in from any side. And if you're on the lawn get in early; being on the sides of the lwn is the worst possible option. I got stuck out there for a James Taylor concert years ago and it was not enjoyable. it was that show that we just decided to suck it up and pay for a seat so as to not worry about general admission.
Strokjl is offline   Reply With Quote