Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Death Cab for Cutie Appreciation
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 01:58 PM   #87
dobyblue

Shows Seen: 63

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Death Cab for Cutie Appreciation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateo2k View Post
Almost nobody would need or want a “blu ray” of an album. Not worth manufacturing.

I wish the live DVD was a CD instead. I have zippy interest in a live DVD, but would love a live album from them.
Actually it only takes around 200 copies these days to make something "worth manufacturing" compared to 20,000 copies back in 2006. Vinyl is worth manufacturing and even the biggest names are only moving 10,000 copies in a year (see Pearl Jam, DMB, Radiohead, etc.).

Thankfully not everyone shares the same narrow-minded viewpoint as you and as a result the many people that enjoy high resolution surround sound have the following wonderfully mastered albums to choose from on Blu-ray Audio with more in the pipeline.

Rush - Moving Pictures
NIN - The Fragile
NIN - Ghosts I~IV
Tom Petty - Anthology
Tom Petty - Damn The Torpedoes
Neil Young - Le Noise
Neil Young - Archives Volume 1
Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross - The Social Network

That in addition to the 6,000+ SACD and @ 2,000 DVD-Audio titles.

Death Cab did a Super Audio CD release of Transatlanticism, it is more palatable than the CD on the ears. The live DVD if it includes a PCM stereo track will likely be of higher fidelity than a CD would anyway, 24/48 in most cases. I'm sure you'll be able to find an audio rip of the DVD and dither it to 16-bit for a CD burn anyway.