Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - A Game of Thrones (HBO Series)
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 06:31 PM   #31
RJP2741

Shows Seen: 42

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Re: A Game of Thrones (HBO Series)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbmuskie View Post
I think HBO and Showtime both use that stuff as a crutch. AMC and to a lesser extent F/X do great stuff w/o it, so it can be done.

I just felt like they forced that stuff into the show to make it seem less nerdy. Maybe they lifted the dialogue right out of the source material, but it just didn't feel right. The dialogue in Sopranos, the Wire, and Deadwood was definitely more crude, but it flowed better, because they always talked like that.

EDIT: I think it can and probably will get better. In the pilot of the Wire, Rawls drops the N-word, which is totally out of character for every cop in the show. Maybe the creepy blond guy won't be telling his sister he'd let 40k people fuck her ever again.
I think that's probably true. I don't ever remember seeing so much boobage in a pilot episode. And you're right, the profanity did seem a little out of place, because you don't expect it in a the typical medieval times setting that we saw. They either need to commit to it or drop it.

And that was the line of the episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldemHart View Post
Once again RJ brings the knowledge.
RJP2741 is offline   Reply With Quote