Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Problems with the DualDisc? Post here (MusicTodayC)
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2006, 02:03 PM   #181
Leviticus

Shows Seen: 1

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Problems with the DualDisc? Post here (MusicTodayC)

I refuse to buy DualDisc CDs anymore. Every since i found out the entire DualDisc scam is yet another misleading by the RIAA.

Did you know that DualDisc cds are actually not real CDs. Look on your package cases, NONE of them carry the 'Compact Disc' logo or any other reputable logo for that matter. They are not manufactured to true CD specifications.

In fact the first one I purchased before realizing this, it actually said in the fine print of the package that the disc was in no way guaranteed to play in any cd player and that they assume no responisibility for the 'extras' operating at all.

This is yet another example of how the modern-day recording industry is simply out for the money and has ZERO care for the consumer. They release these dualdiscs to make you think youre getting all kinds of extra free stuff when in reality youre getting a cheap imitation of a real CD with some extra crap that may or may not work. Screw the RIAA and support real artists like Dave that allow taping of their shows.