Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Marvel Cinematic Universe Fandom (MCUc)
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 07:46 AM   #9
Panther41
Since 1995

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe Fandom (MCUc)

Based on this weekend's viewing of Captain America: The Winter Soldier (and getting to see that Guardians Of The Galaxy trailer right before it), I'm inclined to say it's still working beautifully. There's been talk about a possible Black Widow standalone movie. I would love to see that happen, if only because it seems like it would be a perfect opportunity to explore the Winter Soldier further, and perhaps catch up to Nick Fury doing... whatever it is he's going to be out there doing now.

Of course, it all depends on what happens in the next Avengers flick. What's interesting is that, right now, everyone's looking at it as a model: Marvel does a series of standalones, then a big ensemble Avengers story. Except... they are already beginning to crossover so many characters that the significance of an Avengers ensemble story is already less novel than it was the first time. I don't think they'll ever go so far as to dissolve all barriers, but I love that as time goes on, the *average* scope of the movies keeps growing broader and more connected to everything else.

So long as they keep delivering quality experiences like this last one, well... I'll gladly keep buying theatre tickets and having a blast with my friends.
Panther41 is offline   Reply With Quote