Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Dave should take notes from Garth Brooks
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 01:30 PM   #12
DMB1983

Shows Seen: 29

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Dave should take notes from Garth Brooks

The very thing we love about Dave Matthews is his laid back approach right? I really don't want to see him go out like Bruce Springsteen or Garth Brooks and be a rock star. He's not. (He is obviously, but doesn't act like it). He's a guy that enjoys playing music with his friends, cares quite a bit that it's quality, but only cares so much that he and his friends like it, and just wants to play for fun. Without the lights and screens, there would really be no show outside of the music. It's why I like the band and why I've always liked them. I would love to see more variety in the sets, but I don't want to see Dave become an entertainer.

I get Garth is having fun too. But he has this whole persona thing and can get up and ENTERTAIN. He's an entertainer first and foremost.

Dave is a musician first and foremost. He does entertain, but he's not doing a song and dance routine to make you clap. Jeff Coffin said playing in DMB is like playing for the best bar band in the world. That's what they are. A fucking great bar band that got popular.

Last edited by DMB1983; 03-20-2017 at 01:32 PM.
DMB1983 is offline   Reply With Quote