Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - DMB Record Store Day 2017 (4/22/17)
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 12:41 PM   #43
chadizzy1
Rumor Curator

Shows Seen: 45

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Re: DMB Record Store Day 2017 (4/22/17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mHeiser92 View Post
This has got me excited

Quick question for those who have experience- I've never reached out to my local stores asking if they'll be getting certain titles from a release day. I've always just showed up and gotten lucky. Last year picked up the RSD LT5 release around 3:00 in the afternoon and the clerk told me that was the only copy they had gotten. Anyways... Is it common practice for these shops to disclose how many copies of a certain release they will be getting to customers? do they all know ahead of time pretty much how many copies they will be getting?
Depends on the store. Some will tell you what they get, some won't tell you what they get. Some will tell you how many copies, some won't. A lot of it depends on how loyal of a customer you are. I see RSD-only customers who don't get treated nearly as well on RSD as loyal customers do. So, engaging with and shopping at your local store regularly always helps your chances. My local store will usually post a video the night before and show every title they got and how many of each they got.

Some stores will hold RSD titles, some won't. It's against the rules. My shop used to until someone reported them, and then they stopped doing it.

Long story short, RSD practices really depend on the individual store.
chadizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote