Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Do you have trouble falling asleep? I've got something you haven't tried.
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2017, 09:07 AM   #11
bradshaw06

Shows Seen: 19

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Do you have trouble falling asleep? I've got something you haven't tried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura22 View Post
it's deep pressure, releasing the same hormones that are released from a massage or a deep hug

Yeah i work in a psych unit and we have these for the patients. they can't sleep with them but they can have them during the day to help anxiety

what other sensory tools have you found helpful? sometimes I give out hard candy to facilitate better focus during groups (crunchy foods and hard candy/gum are supposed to help with focus). lollipops also helpful for the patients that want to smoke a cig- just having something in their hand helps a little
The kids i work with all seem to really like using different hand figet toys when i have my individual or group sessions with them. Basically anything that they can use with their hands, like you said. Stress balls work in a pinch, but sometimes they need more tactile items (like silly puddy) to help them out.

Also these: https://www.therapyshoppe.com/catego...ng-fidget-toys

Have worked well. They give that sensory and tactile feel they need.

Last edited by bradshaw06; 03-18-2017 at 09:08 AM.
bradshaw06 is offline   Reply With Quote