Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - *** Official Blossom D&T 2017 ***
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2017, 09:24 AM   #19
hailtopitt
Gimme that spatula!!!!!

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Re: *** Official Blossom D&T 2017 ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by somuchtoplay View Post
I don't know I agree with you there....matter of opinion I guess. Been going there my entire life, the sound has never been an issue for me in the lawn. I could see if you were standing at the very top of the hill how it may be a problem, but if you stake out a decent spot, it's not too bad. Rather sit lawn than in the 40's sections of the pavilion.

As far as the pavilion goes, the sides are terrible, but the centered sections are wonderful.
it's not a matter of opinion though, it's fact

the pavilion was specifically built for symphonic sound. any seat under the roof is automatically better than any section of the lawn

other amphitheaters that don't have the space ship roof like Blossom have better sounding lawns but worse sounding pavilions

it's feast or famine at Blossom...and that's not a knock on the venue, i love Blossom, been going every year for 10-12 years now. But it's the worst lawn for sound i've ever been to
hailtopitt is offline   Reply With Quote