Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - DM3MD on eBay
Thread: DM3MD on eBay
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 12:42 PM   #66
KAK1154

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Re: DM3MD on eBay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spell On Me View Post
That seems a bit harsh. Maybe he didn't want to buy used, or went through a local music shop. They always seem to be a bit higher.

Not trying to start anything, just playing devil's advocate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashintonickdm View Post
I bought the 214ce brand new and i got the proce wrong. It was 1000. I love the guitar.
I can understand not wanting to buy used. I meant that $1,100 is too much for a new one. They're $999 at any retailer. $1,000 is a more normal price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeDevil#41 View Post
Why would you not want to take it out in public? I am damn proud to show my DMSM off at open mics and stuff like that. Now jamming at a Dave Matthews tailgate is another story, I take my Taylor 210e for those occasions. But I got the DMSM 914 with all intentions of it being my go-to guitar. 3K is a super price for the DMSM by the way, I paid quite a bit more than that, but I got the upgraded insurance package too, thru guitar center.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashintonickdm View Post
Also, if you spend alot on a guitar, you'd simply keeP it in house only? That's a waste of money IMO

That along with buying it simply because Dave plays it
Fair enough. At this point, I'm just not willing to put tons of play wear on that guitar. I take out my 614ce and 416ce-ltd on a regular basis, and I'm seeing the effects. Open mics are one thing, but slogging around to bar gigs, cold weather, beer, crowded stages, etc. is just more than I'm willing to put the guitar through.

(Plus, half of me just wants it because it's a DM sig. Although, I've been close to buying an 814ce and a 914ce on multiple occasions, so I actually do like the guitar for its merits.)

BTW, many people have some very nice guitars that have never left the house. I personally like to use my best stuff when I play out, but I'm not sure if I'm in the majority. I have a few vintage guitars that I don't take out, but other than that, the good stuff sees the light of day. As you can see though, it has kept me from buying even nicer stuff.

Last edited by KAK1154; 02-13-2012 at 12:46 PM.
KAK1154 is offline   Reply With Quote