Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 12:29 PM   #196
Benny003

Shows Seen: 60

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocubsgo3822 View Post
Too fucking massive. couldnt tell who was on which team.. Just a fucking massive world...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave4555 View Post
i agree with all of this. it was very confusing to me. to big of a map for my taste.
That's interesting. The reason most people choose Battlefield games is because of the massive maps, which allows for lots of vehicles and a lot of different dynamics interacting.

There was a map in Battlefield 2 that would literally take you a good 15 minutes to walk from one end to the other (good 5 minutes or so using one of the cars). However, you have to remember the maps were made for 64 players. What that does is allow several "mini battles" to be going on all over the place. You can choose where and how you want to fight (be sneaky, be aggressive, play defense, fly a jet, fly a chopper, use a tank, etc.). With such huge maps, it's definitely a team-based game. You need people to work together to be really effective (or hope the other team doesn't know how to work together) by having squads that work as units and a good mix of people playing different kits.

So yeah, it's definitely different, but the "sandbox" feel to the battlefield series is what draws most of its fans. Also, the beta was truly a beta, not a demo in case anyone was confused. They released it specifically to fix bugs and stress test servers, not to really to demonstrate the game at all. The demo was also a 6 week old version of the game because it took that long for the console makers to approve it from the time EA submitted it. So the final version will have a fair amount of changes.
Benny003 is offline   Reply With Quote