Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - *Official Dave and Tim Mexico 2018*
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 01:49 PM   #33
MidwestGirl
Chicago ----> Michigan

Shows Seen: 144

DMB Hub Stubs: 33

My Tour Central Stats

Re: *Official Dave and Tim Mexico 2018*

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 View Post
what did CID add to the experience that was not a concert itself
I guess it was just that - an overall experience.

From the moment you went through customs and exited the airport, drivers were there with Dave & Tim signs to direct you to your shuttle where cold beers were waiting. You got to ride to the resort with other fans.

Upon arrival they dropped you off at the CID check in area (again, just for DTRM attendees). They greeted you with champagne and passed cocktails and chilled towels. DMB music playing, made the entire check in process hassle free. Fans were all excited to be there, grabbing their tote bags and custom room keys and meeting up with friends. Concierges were onsite to make dinner reservations, they had chair massages, snacks, etc - all just in the mass check in area. It really felt like no detail was overlooked. I've worked in events and experiences (travel and events) for over 10 years and it was all very well done and top notch.

To give you an idea I think CID told me they had over 250 staffers on site just focused on guest experience (not part of the venue crew).

Each building area had a designated CID concierge to assist with anything you needed.

(This was all at the Barcelo, the main host resort, I can't speak for the experience at other resorts). Everything was branded DTRM - custom room keys, signage everywhere. Custom maps and booklets. They had a tequila tasting with little glass branded glasses.

Barcelo staff was walking around handing out cold waters, assisting and interacting with attendees.

Each day by the main pool at Barcelo they had the openers perform during the day.

When you arrived at the shows each night they had a whole decorated village set up, greeted with drinks as soon as you walked in, waiters walked around during the shows brining you drinks. They had a photo op experience on the beach and dressed performers walking around prior to the show. They had a homemade churro stand within the venue, and a whole outdoor dining area with different food stations - tacos, taquitos, nachos, vegetarian options,

If you have ever been fortunate to attend a large corporate sales meeting or destination meeting for work (think Hawaii, Costa Rica, etc) it was on par or on that level of an event.

Post show they handed out pizza as you were leaving and directed you to post show food and entertainment set up each night.

Most of you reading this probably feel like eh, doesn't sound worth it, or big deal, but anyone that attended last year will tell you how pampered you felt and how you didn't feel like you had to worry about a THING.

It was just unlike any other concert experience you could imagine.

Which, is what CID presents does - they are a concert experience company.

This was not FYRE festival lol. This was well organized and executed.

D+T Mexico 2023 | Texas | Charleston | Pine Knob | Chicago | Gorge

D+T Mexico FB Group
GORGE FAQ
GORGE Roster
MidwestGirl is offline   Reply With Quote