Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - What (besides politics) irritates you?
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 11:21 AM   #306
defcon
:rattled

Shows Seen: 14

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Re: What irritates you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by k270 View Post
I'm guessing this women who was asking for help also had a cell phone. I salute you for denying her. A cell phone is a luxury item. Lose the cell phone and it should free up some cash. Trust me, you did her a favor.

I work in a grocery store. Most people who write checks are elderly people. In 10 to 20 years nobody will be writing checks, unless they're trying to scam the store. Trust me, they think they're smarter than the checker. I can spot a check scammer as soon as you start to unload your cart onto my belt. If you have an out of area check and are buying lots of beer and meat, guess what, your most likely trying to scam the store. It's a very interesting thing to. I work for a family owned store. We take local checks only. When someone comes through with almost $175 worth of stuff and we deny their check (usually out of area) we offer the Credit or Debit option. 99.99% the time, they don't have either option on them. We tell them sorry and send them on their way. We then call the other store and tell them to keep a look out for the people who were just in.

Not at our store. We've yet to install a system that writes the whole check for you. I know what your talking about, I've seen the system at Costco. In a 8 hour shift I can take no checks, or can take as many as 5 or 6 six checks. Most checks are from elderly people.
Yeah, it was the same lady. And she had a smartphone. I might be able to excuse an older phone given the fact that some people have replaced landlines with cells and you can actually get public assistance or private charity to pay/provide an older phone now. Total luxury item. And I bet she payed for that annoying "Frog" ring tone from like 5 years ago too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre2142 View Post
stores that only take local checks
No excuse for this in the modern world. I was a cashier for a little over a year at two different jobs. We used SCAN (Shared Check Auth Network) which basically ran every check like a debit card and electronically presented each check for payment instantly. Really only mom and pops are bad about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtzdmb View Post
People who make popcorn in the office before noon.
People who BURN popcorn. That shit smells HORRIBLE and will stink up any area for up to three days. No excuse for that. Wait for 2-3 seconds between pops and for them to slow down...what's so hard about that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiku Jimi View Post
Bill Hicks:

"If you have children here tonight—and I assume some of you do—I am sorry to tell you this. They are not special. I'll let that sink in. Don't get me wrong, folks. I know you think they're special. You think that. I'm telling you—they're not.

Did you know that every time a guy comes, he comes 200 million sperm? Did you know that? And you mean to tell me you think your child is special? Because one out of 200 million sperm connected . . . that load? Gee, what are the fucking odds? Do you know what that means? I have wiped entire civilizations off of my chest, with a gray gym sock. That is special. Entire nations have flaked and crusted in the hair around my navel. That is special.

And I want you to think about that, you two-egg-carrying beings out there with that holier-than-thou, we-have-the-gift-of-life attitude. I have tossed universes, in my underpants, while napping. That is special."
One of the top 10 comedians of all time...IMHO.

So more things that annoy me:

Bicyclists who hog the road. I don't give a fuck if you have the same right of way, have some common fucking decency and a sense of self preservation and at least move over to the edge of the road on a road with a 55mph speed limit. The same thing goes for mopeds.

People who throw more into the accessories for their old piece of shit car than the car is actually worth. There is an epidemic here of 80s cars, jacked up, no exhausts, painted like NASCARs, spinning rims, systems, etc...spinning rims were fucking 10 years ago.

Aggressive salespeople, be it in store or over the phone. Best Buy has gotten especially aggressive. When I say I'm "just looking" it means I'm just looking. I've already done my shopping online and am pretty sure what I'm buying. I probably know more about it than you do. I'm just making sure there isn't a better product there or making my final decision. Over the phone, with telemarketers or when I call to order something, upselling me will not work. Sorry man, the way I earned a higher commission was helping people, not upselling them. There's a fine line to walk and most people who work in sales don't know it.

I've probably said this before, but people who can't parent. Doesn't matter where or when, restaurants come to mind first. That shit is going to spiral out of control by the time your kid is a teenager.

And along that vain, people who breastfeed/change diapers in public...and by public, I mean for the whole world to see. Nobody wants to see your saggy postpartem titty or smell your shitty diaper. I don't give a fuck what the law says.

Loud exhausts. Your piece of shit 1990 Honda CRX is still a piece of shit. Even if you have a huge truck or a Camaro, you're just fucking stupid and rude.

Online dating. I've deleted all of my profiles. The few dates, out of dozens of girls I messaged, were all weird bitches with hangups or baggage, who lied about who they really were. I dated a girl for like two weeks before I found out she had two kids. OOPS. I guess me putting "Sorry, no kids, please" in my profile meant nothing and her lying about it just confirmed to me she wasn't worth it. Just a bunch of fake people out there and/or psychos.

People who order the large/supersized meal at a fast food joint with a diet soda. Oh, really?

This one is kind of personal. My family irritates me, calling me lazy and self-entitled because I won't take a job for $7.25-10/hr. No, it's because I CAN'T FUCKING LIVE on that. I pay nearly $1,000/month in student loans. $10/hr translates to about 1500/month in net income working full time. Simple as that. Just not enough to pay rent, utilities, and other bills. For about three months I was working two lower paying jobs nearly 20 hours a day, 4 or 5 days a week. I couldn't have kept that going for much longer.

School buses. Getting stuck behind one sucks. They stop for like 3 minutes each time, drive slow, god forbid they pull over and let some cars go by.

Rubbernecking in traffic...there is nothing worse than seeing a green light when traffic is backed up, edging forward only to see it turn red just before you get to the line. I'd rather sit still than rubberneck.