Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Premium Ticket Packages
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 07:28 AM   #48
mandy18

Shows Seen: 55

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Premium Ticket Packages

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBzilla View Post
My issue is that I fucking HATE GA pit, because I don't like being crammed in with a bunch of sweaty drunks and dumbass teenagers who feel it's perfect alright to push and shove their way in front of you, so I'd prefer a seat behind the pit, and now at least some portion of those seats will only go to those willing to pay much more than "face" value.

To put this in perspective, when Live Nation has offered "premium" or "VIP" seating in the past, they've cost in the range of $250 and up, per ticket.
I completely agree about GA Pit. I have zero desire to have that type of "experience" at a show. I'll pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBzilla View Post
They've never offered "VIP" at most of these venues, and when they do they offer some kind of premium seating (usually in the first 15 rows or something for pavilion shows). That means x-number of tickets that would have been in the seating assignment pool that will now only go to those willing to pay a premium. And don't for a second think that premium won't be significant.

Phish also doesn't have a fan club with a yearly fee.

The best comparison to Warehouse is Pearl Jam's Ten Club, but you ignored that post.
This is the breakdown of ticket types at StarLake:

Event Tickets
Premium Tickets
Parking
Travel Package

I don't believe they've done VIP at StarLake before. In 2010, it was offered at PNC, but that's a completely different type of venue.
I'm curious to see what these "premium" tickets are and how much they cost.
It sounds like it is taking another level of seats away and giving them to whomever feels like spending (imo) way more than they are worth.
But, $$ does rule the world ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by acousticmike80 View Post
Ive been in the Warehouse for 12 years (been to 54 shows) and only have gotten true PIT seats twice.

It is not as if the most senior members are sitting up front for every show....believe me.
Seriously. I joined December 1998.
I've gotten true PIT tickets once. Like, when they were just the first so many rows and not this GA expanded pit stuff.
I've had good seats and I've had really, really, really bad seats.
mandy18 is offline   Reply With Quote