Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - If you were an Obama VOTER/SUPPORTER, has he lived up to your expectations?
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2009, 06:26 PM   #9
Swizz2007

Shows Seen: 18

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Re: If you were an Obama VOTER/SUPPORTER, has he lived up to your expectations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemson357 View Post
Which is??

Blowing all his momentum on a stimulus that is a complete failure? Losing all his political capital before achieving any significant policy reforms? Failing to establish clear expectations of guidance on health insurance reform? Treading water on the most significant issue in American politics in a decade or two, when his party absolutely owns the Congress?

Please tell me, what is it that he has "tackled?"
Okay clemson, I will tell you what he has tackled. I've done this multiple fucking times, and if you actually pay attention to the news it shouldn't be that hard to figure out on your own. But I'll help you out, holmes

-Ending torture
-Closing Gitmo
-Lifting restrictions on stem cell research
-Increasing presence in Afghanistan
-Ending the Iraq War
-Passing the stimulus bill
-Making progress on energy independence
-Health care reform

Most of those are pretty fucking big things, and like I said in my prior post, many of those things are works in progress. So a lot will depend if these things actually happen and are successful. But if they are, then I am absolutely NOT disappointed, and think he is off to a fantastic start.