Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - *The Official: Vote For Me Thread*
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 10:52 AM   #26
mandy18

Shows Seen: 55

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Shameless plea for donations

So, here's my plea for donations.
I've mentioned in other threads that I help drive animals that go through PA from a high-kill shelter in SC to rescue groups or private adopters.
The shelter's director works very hard at reducing the kill rate and has a long-term goal of no-kill. Unfortunately, the shelter is in a rural area, so too many animals are turned in, too many animals are not spayed / neutered and the funds they get from the county are REALLY low ($53,000 / year). So, they rely heavily on volunteers (our transport group) and donations.

Right now, they are in dire need of money. There was a shuffle with the board of directors and they lost a major donor. They have a critical plea out for donations so they don't have to have a major PTS (put to sleep).

If anybody here can help donate or share the cause, any little bit helps.
Or, browse animals if you're looking to adopt.
http://www.petfinder.com/pet-search?...ort=identifier
Location is not important! We can get the dog / cat anywhere!

I have helped other posters with their own pleas (here's looking at you, canstruction and gaming for charity. hint hint), so I'm hoping there's a few of you that can help a little.

Here's the link to the fundraiser:
http://pledgie.com/campaigns/21018

Fortunately, they were able to surpass the July 28th date without a PTS b/c my transport group has been working tirelessly to find rescue groups for their animals, but they still need to raise funds. Rescues are more likely to take dogs / cats that have a clean vet bill (and many dogs come in injured, pregnant and / or with heartworm), so any little bit helps.

Anyway, the animal discussion in the job / unattractive thread made me think of this.
mandy18 is offline   Reply With Quote