Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Xbone has actual games. Ps4 just kinda wobbles
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 01:12 PM   #21
thestand
Best Ever

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Possible new Microsoft console in 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully51 View Post
That was the word, I guess it would be 4 years now since we are in mid 2011. But I was hearing in the 2015 range. Especially since the Kinect and Move came out to freshen up the consoles

It's not like they realistically compete with PC's, so as long as Microsoft and Sony were both planning on the long lifespan it would have been fine.

Even the new Nintendo console still isn't going to be competition graphics wise, so there still isn't any real pressure on the companies
New Nintendo console is more powerful than the 360 and PS3. GPU is also newer. There was a random article last week that suggested it might not support 1080p, just 1080i/720p, but cooler heads prevailed and pointed out that the graphics card that's in the new console running at 1080i and not p would be like buying a Lamborghini and not letting it get about 50. Very doubtful that it would be limited like that.

And again, there's a huge difference between lifespan and being the only console from a company. The PS2 was released in October 2000 in the US, and the PS3 was released November 2006. But the PS2's lifespan didn't end until last year, 2010. Games were still being released for the PS2, and it was still being supported by Sony. So the PS2 did in fact have a 10 year life-span, even though it had an older brother for the last 4 years.

If Sony were to release a console in 2013, the PS3 would have the longest life of sole focus for a console ever, at 7 years. But it certainly wouldn't end the console; you would still see releases for it into 2015, and certainly possibly until after that.
Will in time both outpace and outlive you, Hail Satan!
thestand is offline   Reply With Quote