Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Weightlifting
Thread: Weightlifting
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 11:13 AM   #136
LaunchOne
omg w/e etc.

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Weightlifting

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBand520 View Post
The type of cardio he's describing, high intensity interval training (HITT), has been shown to be more effective than steady state (SS) cardio for burning fat. HITT is nice because you can get in a more effective workout in less time as compared to SS cardio, but it does actually get really hard. Even someone who has no problem going for a 30 min run would probably struggle doing 15 min of HITT (sprint for 1 min, jog or walk 1 min, repeat). Also HITT has been shown to not breakdown muscle as much as SS cardio does which is good if you want to drop fat while maintaining lean body mass (LBM).

Another good thing to try for cutting fat while maintaining LBM is complexes. You can do body weight complexes, dumbbell complexes, or barbell complexes. They are essentially just several movements you'll perform with a light ammount of weight. You focus more on doing the movements quickly rather than worrying about adding weight.

Here are some examples of complexes:

http://www.wannabebig.com/training/c...-for-fat-loss/
I think I'm going to try HITT today. I've been doing SS cardio for a while now and while I'm not necessarily determined to burn more fat, this sounds interesting. I usually do about 45 minutes to an hour on the treadmill 3 days/week, in between lifting days. But I'm also bored out of my mind while doing it. HITT seems like it would keep you more involved and possibly even be more effective.