Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - **Official Running Thread**
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 02:00 PM   #93
Mike_Karp
We Shall See

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Re: **Official Running Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodat View Post
I know that this question was directed at Jason, but I will toss my .02 into the mix.

The best person to answer your shoe questions are the well-trained people that work in the running shoe specialty shops. When I bought my first pair of true running shoes in March, I went through a 30 minute observation and test by the person that was fitting me. Then they brought out 4 pairs of shoes that thought would work best for me. I did a little light jog in each pair then picked the one that felt best.

I have to say, the pair that I bought are great. I have no leg pain before, during or after my workouts. The only discomfort is the natural stuff you get while you body adjusts to the routine. The corrcet pair of shoes will make or break not only how you feel when you run, but if you continue to do it. If you feel good during your run, then you will trek on, increasing your time and distance. If it hurts while you run, you will stop.

Can't really help with the more fluid question. Actually I wonder the same thing myself. Anyone out there have some pointers for us less experienced runners?
The question is for anyone willing to answer heh! Thanks for your advice. I am going to go to one of those specialty running shoe stores. I have no problem with building my endurance, but I hate running on the treadmill because it hurts my legs/knees too much. I want to feel challenged when I run, not like I am being cleaved heh.