Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Share your unpopular music opinions
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 04:14 PM   #205
currupt3d**

Shows Seen: 11

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Share your unpopular music opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by defcon View Post
Simple. Four piece band, Drummer is and always has been total shit (Ringo Starr) and has shown no talent progression for the length of his career). Easiest to attack the weakest link first and the universal consensus is that Ringo sucks. George Harrison was probably the best musician of them all, certainly respectable as a lead guitarist. Paul is a great lyricist, but his musicianship leaves much to be desired. Very charismatic, like John, who has a cult of personality and good looks. Again, nothing special, just the pop blowup of the 60s, much like N'Stink, the Backdoor Boys, One Direction, etc...except at least they play instruments.

The best thing about the Beatles was that Lennon knew how to make drugs and music work together as a lyricist and musician, but he was nothing to write home about as a vocalist. Good, sure. Great? No. The Beatles are the result of pop hysteria. They were and still are perhaps the greatest marketing pop/rock band ever.
I'm assuming you don't play any instruments, cause this is totally false. His bass playing alone is phenomenal.

I'll give you that up until the Help! Album they were nothing more than a talented boy band, but otherwise this post is just fucked.
currupt3d** is offline   Reply With Quote