Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - *Prompter Thread* (NO personal attacks, NO trolling)
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2016, 01:24 PM   #53
TwoStep2888

Shows Seen: 7

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ** The Trump Thread SAFE SPACE **

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadizzy1 View Post
I'm as anti-Trump as they come, but I do believe in looking at some things in a positive light whenever possible. I've found a few things that are positive.

Some general things:

1. One thing I find interesting, is that he said he wouldn't rip up the Iran deal. That's a massive change from where we were months ago.

2. His "repealing Obamacare" has changed, as well.

3. His Muslim ban may be out, too.
Giuliani: "Actually within a day or two he called me and asked me to put a little group together … we wrote paper for him and he amended the ban would be restricted to particular countries and it wouldn’t be a ban, it would involve an extreme vetting,” he said."

Next, on the 60 Minutes Interview last night.

1. When asked about supporters giving trouble to minorities, I liked that he actually spoke out against it instead of talking about their "passion".
Trump: "I am so saddened to hear that. And I say, 'Stop it.' If it -- if it helps, I will say this, and I will say right to the cameras: 'Stop it.'"

2. I feel a little better about marriage equality, if what he said sticks. He said it's settled law, which is a good approach.
Trump: "It’s irrelevant because it was already settled. It’s law. It was settled in the Supreme Court. I mean it’s done."
(now, this part is a little odd because he said he wanted to send abortion back to the states, which stems from Roe V Wade, which is also settled law by the Supreme Court.

3. He isn't going to appoint a special prosecutor to jail Hillary Clinton, called the Clintons "good people".
Trump: "I don’t want to hurt them, I don’t want to hurt them. They’re, they’re good people. I don’t want to hurt them."

4. Part of the border wall is now a fence.
Trump (when asked if some areas he would build a fence): "For certain areas I would, but certain areas, a wall is more appropriate," he said. "I'm very good at this, it's called construction."

I still am not a fan of Trump, and am still concerned for a lot of minority groups in this country, but I'm trying to be hopeful. We have 4 years of this and all we can do is hope that he will continue to evolve more like he has been lately.
this is a good rundown of why I'm not as panicked as others on the left, he's backed off on a lot of his scarier campaign positions, hopefully he'll be something of a moderate as POTUS